Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Valve Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Valve Questions

Been looking at different valves and I know Jandy is the preferred but are there any that are comparable that are cheaper? I found these never lube com pool valves that say they are pretty much a Jandy knock off.. Anyone ever used any of these? http://www.poolcenter.com/plumbing_valves_poolstor.htm

Also what is the difference in pvc and Cpvc?

Thanks!
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Valve Questions

I install simple slicer valves without bolts. No reason to have a big money valve... Use a slicer and a T

3. Back To Top    #3

CPVC has some UV protection and are recommended for hotter air/water temperatures.

I have some slicer valves on the waste system of my RV, I have not seen them on pools, but have seen hot tub retailers online selling them.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

The PacFab Jandy knock-offs look like a good deal.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Valve Questions

Thanks for your replies.

18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

6. Back To Top    #6

If the valves are going to be out in the sun they should be CPVC or painted.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Valve Questions

Ok thanks Bama.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    If the valves are going to be out in the sun they should be CPVC or painted.
    yeah past 20 years of age.

9. Back To Top    #9

Valve Questions

Could the pacfab compool valve be controller by a Hayward or jandy actuator? Looks like it has the same top and handle as the jandy valve so was just wondering.

10. Back To Top    #10

That actuator should fit fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit