Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Return jet pressure ok?

1. Back To Top    #1

Return jet pressure ok?

This may not be the thread to ask this question, but...if I may....

I have the opposite problem with my jet flow/pressure.....it is super fast!!!

We did change our sand about three years ago....we have a 1hp pump....unfortunately I have no idea what size my filter is....(I can't find that paperwork)...

We installed a Intex SWG this year.....but just curious if too much jet flow is bad???

BTW....the pressure gage has maintained at about 15-16 since we turned it on this season.

Please, any feedback about this is greatly appreciated!!!!
    New 22' round, 52" deep Coleman (Bestway) AG/10,500 gal/16" Intex sand filter with over the side skimmer/Levelland TX (Lubbock area)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Return jet pressure ok?

I don't think a 1 hp will give too much flow, it should be fine!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!!!.....=)
    New 22' round, 52" deep Coleman (Bestway) AG/10,500 gal/16" Intex sand filter with over the side skimmer/Levelland TX (Lubbock area)

4. Back To Top    #4

I just wanted to say howdy from Amarillo. Nice to see another BBBer from the same neck of the woods.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

5. Back To Top    #5

Hello to you too.....I'm loving the rain we are getting....but not good for trying to get my pool opened....

6. Back To Top    #6

I agree with Zea that it should be fine but it wouuld be good to know the pump model and the filter model.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Ok thanks....where can I find my filter model information as I have lost my paperwork on it. I can get the Pump information easily.

8. Back To Top    #8

If you can post a pic of it someone might be able to identify it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok....I see the "Img" tab here, but not too sure how to use it to insert my pics.....sorry, still learning how to use this site!!!

I have pics ready to insert if someone can explain to me how to get them listed. Thanks!!!

10. Back To Top    #10

Most of us use photobucket or some other hosting Site and link to the picture. That's where you use the img tags.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

Okay....here are pics of my filter and pump....(photobucket??? lol....why didn't I think of that???)....any feedback would be great!!! Thanks again.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... olpump.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... lpump2.jpg

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj6 ... lpump3.jpg

12. Back To Top    #12

Is there a label on that filter (not the valve)? If not, measure the circumference of the filter with a fabric/tailor measuring tape.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

13. Back To Top    #13

Nope no label....the measurement, right along the blue band are 65 1/2 inches....what does that tell us??

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by laweatherred
    Nope no label....the measurement, right along the blue band are 65 1/2 inches....what does that tell us??
    It tells us it is a 20.8 inch diameter(to the outside of the shell), so we will assume it is a 20" filter or 2.2 sq. ft.

That pump is towards the high end for that filter size, but should work. In fact, I have the 1 hp 2-speed version of your pump on a 20 inch filter and it works fine without channeling, though my plumbing will be different, so my flow may be different from yours. The flow at my return (I have a 3/4" return eyeball) is fast enough to be uncomfortable on your back if you are close to it.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

15. Back To Top    #15

Thank you so much linen......my return flow would be about the same (against your back that is).....but I guess it works. I'm just proud to have my pool up and running this year...after two past summers of green water!!!! Thanks again!!