Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pictures finally from chandler az part time for now

pictures finally from chandler az part time for now

trying to add pictures can firgure it out, pls help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: pictures finally from chandler az part time for now

Looks like you figured it out..but if you want to learn how to add images that are hosted somewhere else, you can check out this guide I put together.

ttp://www.troublefreepool.com/how-to-ad ... creenshots

PS welcome to TFP!

Warning, lame joke ahead...

To paraphrase a movie line, "Think you used enough pumps there Butch?"

For those of you too young to have seen it, Robert Redford and Paul Newman in Butch cassidy and the sundance kid blowing up a safe in a train.
    23k Vinyl, Sand Filter tr60, 1hp Whisperflo pump,Coverstar autocover
    Polaris 280,K2006 kit,direct sunlight

Welcome to tfp, dirtfrmr

I can see your pics...and all of those pumps
    TFP Moderator who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

Ummmmmmmm, blonde question here, lol.

Are you planning on having to put a fire out in that new pool?

Nice plumbing job though. Really neat looking.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

more pics

last pictures

the pumps are for
    spa
    pool
    one each for a resistance jet to swim agaisnt 2 jets

Very nice. Swim against the pump flow and then chill in the spa.

Is that an owl placed on the rocks?
    23k Vinyl, Sand Filter tr60, 1hp Whisperflo pump,Coverstar autocover
    Polaris 280,K2006 kit,direct sunlight

Very nice pool..............we put an owl out but it doesnt seem to deter the birds from hanging around.......we actually had a dead baby bird floating in our pool today.........ewwwww

I hope they installed a grease fitting on your electric meter! Does it dim the lights in the neighborhood when you turn on all the pumps?
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    19k gallon Pebble Tec pool/spa,Pentair Intelliflo VS, 2 hp Super II pump (for spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE filter, Hayward H400 & Solar heating

owl is behind rocks and it moves with the wind,hopefully we don't turn all of them an once,the pumps>, seems like it is very complicated system, will be interesting when i get there!

How or what info do I need to start to understand all of these pump handles and solar stuff? I visited last week and have come away confused with the operational side of this setup. Pool is 20,000 gallons, i have test numbers to be reported later, I thought the salt level tasted high, choroline tested at 10/10,
    but until we live there have to rely on pool guys and the current methods. I would like to have a better understanding so that we can do it ourselves. Does the addition of choroline cause the red eye condition as well when we make the switch? As usual many questions! It was enjoyable in the Phx heat. Pool Temp was 86 to 90, which is a little warm and i will have to learn how to use a solar system for cooling in the summer, thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtfrmr
    Does the addition of choroline cause the red eye condition as well when we make the switch?
    What can cause eye irritation is ph (being to high or low) and/or the presence of CC (combined chlorine).

The ph just needs to be adjusted between 7.2-7.8...we can make recommendations once you are able to post full test results.

CC shows up when a pool has not been properly chlorinated (usually to little chlorine) and is a product of the "good" chlorine being used up killing algae.

Bottom line, if eyes are irritated something is wrong and should be dealt with.
    TFP Moderator who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

1st results from tf100 kit, I am not sure of the accuracy, but i will post anyways. My pool is 20,000 gal pebble surface, swg, solar heater and gas heater in Chandler az. Pool temperature was 85 to 90 , tasted a bit of salt, includes a spa and a water fall feature.
    cl 4
    tc 12
    ph 7.2
    ta 50
    ca hardness 1300 ?
    cya 60

Ok We have finally relocated to chandler AZ. I have a single speed 1.5 pentair pump that is noisy, i assume bearing failure. The solar system has blown off the relief valve and i have 3 components i have found in the yard. Although an inspection was done in May 2012, failures of A/C, Master Bath Hot water, solar sytem with blown parts, a Pentair Pump that is not far away.
    My Question is the pump? Should I repair the original pump, replace with a 2 speed or a variable speed pump? The solar we will determine, when we can get on the roof in febrary,seems as that is just pvc pumbling. A/C has been fixed and the hot water repaired.
    Pool in approximately 20,000 gallons, pumping station is shown above, everyone here says it is complicated! I firgure we should break it down and start to fix item by item. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Welcome to AZ and all the people intrusted to Help with our move. Thanks to you guys for you advice and comments in advance.

RH

It has gotten pretty cold around here this winter, so the solar may not have been drained properly and thus frozen and cause the damage.

What are all the pumps for? Which one is failing? The solution may depend on the application. Likely though you could get rid of a couple of those pumps pretty easily. And thinking ahead now may save money down the road.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

Main pump is failing. Two pumps are for resistance swimming. The other is the spa I believe.they are all single speed. I was considering a 2 speed for the main .I have a polaris. Eos command center foe automatic control. Not sure if it all works together

Does the main pump also do the filtering for the spa, by an overflow or something? Is it ONLY for circulation and filtration?
    Is the spa pump ONLY for the jets, thus bypassing the filter?

If the answer to all that is yes, then you have very low flow requirements for the main pump and could likely use a small 2-speed on low speed almost exclusively. With your automation, you may be able to run on high speed for short periods to improve skimmer, but most of the time on low speed, thus saving money on electricity. A VS does not likely make sense unless your electrical costs are high and you are able to get a rebate from the power company (Tucson does not).

Is that a Superflo or Whisperflo?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, Dolphin Diagnostic Robotic Cleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Gone: Hayward RS1500 pump, undersized DIY solar heater, Dolphin Dynamic Robotic Cleaner

whisperflo. thanks for your response. Rebates here in chandler are $50 to $200 i think haven't done that research yet.

What is the service factor on the 1.5 HP motor. The key is to multiply the HP by the SF to get the SFHP, that is the number you want to keep in mind.
    Also, are the pumps wired for 115V or 230V?

Options:
    1. Replace the motor with equivalent 1 speed.
    2. Replace the motor with an equivalent 2 speed ... meaning a 1.5HP
    3. Replace motor with smaller 2-speed, but then would also need to replace the impeller. I know there are 1HP 2-speed motors.
    4. Replace the entire pump (either go smaller with a 2-speed superflo, or variable, but I think the variable does not make much sense ... UNLESS, you consider changing the plumbing to use the VS for the pool and spa. Although, it may depend on what pump is running through the heater).

1 is the cheapest cost, but will use the most electricity.
    2 and 3 are probably pretty similar in initial cost, but 3 would save more power than 2.
    4 will cost the most up front, but MIGHT save the difference in electrical savings and MIGHT allow you to get rid of the spa pump.

Although in fairness, you could likely get rid of the spa pump with options 1, 2 or 4. But, the plumbing may get a little odd depending on how you use the heater and how it is plumbed.
    Jason, TFP Moderator