Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sad day for me

1. Back To Top    #1

Sad day for me

I'm not sure which is worse......

While brushing the pool I saw a bit of green growing on the walls under the ladder. I called me wife out to take a quick look, and she agreed that there was something there. Bums me out, as this is the first issue we've had after swapping from Baquacil. I'm not going to worry much about the OCLT, as I just tested the water (zero CC's) and brought it up to shock level. I'm just going to be pro-active and treat whatever as algae.

The other bad news......
    As I was adding the chlorine, I spilled bleach on my new pair of shorts! My wife's going to KILL me!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sad day for me

First time I put bleach in our pool.......I got it on my new sneakers........was not happy, but oh well......good luck on cleaning it up.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo

While brushing the pool I saw a bit of green growing on the walls under the ladder. I called me wife out to take a quick look, and she agreed that there was something there. Bums me out, as this is the first issue we've had after swapping from Baquacil. I'm not going to worry much about the OCLT, as I just tested the water (zero CC's) and brought it up to shock level. I'm just going to be pro-active and treat whatever as algae.

The other bad news......
    As I was adding the chlorine, I spilled bleach on my new pair of shorts! My wife's going to KILL me!!!
    Naturally, your pool will be fine with your tending to it.

You, however, well, let's just say I have my doubts

I mean, really, NEW? NEW shorts?

....she says as she slinks off with a tank top, denim shorts and flip flops that all have old bleach spots.......
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

We need a pic of that Butterfly! We could nominate you for our poster gal!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

All this was due to my knees being hurting, and me being too lazy to go get something to kneel on.

6. Back To Top    #6

Don't beat yourself up Leebo, it happens to all of us. I'm trying to get a vacation out of my last bleach mishap. I splattered some on my favorite Pineapple Willy's shirt a few nights ago. I told hubs we have to go back to Panama City Beach soon so I can get a new one. LOL
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    We need a pic of that Butterfly! We could nominate you for our poster gal!
    Well, I'll see what I can find ~hiccup~ ....wonder if I can find an old pic ...... I fogot to mention the margarita
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Might want to check under your steps, make sure nothing is living under there. Remove them if you have to. I had to power wash/bleach steps before as there was a thick sludge of green hiding in there.. nothing could have killed it, it needed to be removed.
    27000 gal 18x36 rectangle In-Ground built in 1978
    Vinyl liner, 3/4hp Hayward Super pump, single speed 3450rpm
    SWG: Hayward Aquarite AQR15
    Sand Filter: 300 pound sta-rite T-240BP-1, 3.14 sqft surface area
    K-2006 Test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I did pull the ladder out for tonight....as that's right where the green was on the wall. My gut says I just haven't been brushing well enough and on our vacation a small bit formed. The ladder was clear as I scrubbed every bit last year after swapping from baquacil. I'm planning on a rag and some bleach again this year too just in case.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    I fogot to mention the margarita
    Ok, so it is bleach in the pool and margarita in the pool owner, Right? Perhaps that explains many things that went wrong for me last year.
    23k Vinyl, Sand Filter tr60, 1hp Whisperflo pump,Coverstar autocover
    Polaris 280,K2006 kit,direct sunlight

11. Back To Top    #11

Brushed the heck out of the walls today and shocked once again. We lost 3FC from 7pm last night until 5pm tonight. A 0cc reading also. I'm not able to do a OCLT do I'll take a loss of 3fc's all day long. We normally lose about 2 per day, so took it to shock just in case. Family is coming over for fathers day, so I'll just keep it at shock level until Monday.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by relling2245
    Ok, so it is bleach in the pool and margarita in the pool owner, Right? Perhaps that explains many things that went wrong for me last year.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Quote Originally Posted by relling2245
    Bet the pee burned a little coming out.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Leebo

The other bad news......
    Sorry I can't help with the pool thing, but it is good to see you are still with us!

Guessing the wife either didn't find out where you hid the new shorts, or she doesn't know the combination to the gun safe, or she was very forgiving?

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly
    ....she says as she slinks off with a tank top, denim shorts and flip flops that all have old bleach spots.......
    Anyone besides me notice how small the letters are she used to post that?

Butterfly, you know how everyone loves pics...we are waiting, giggles.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".