I can't believe it happened . . . I fell in the pool!

lovingHDTV

LifeTime Supporter
May 25, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I was planning on opening our pool on Saturday so I was doing all the cleaning and got the pool looking great. My pool in underneath two very large live oak trees. Live oaks are considered evergreens because they drop their leaves in the spring time. This of course makes a huge mess of the pool and pool deck. Unfortionately after the leaves come these little flower pestal things. They stain everything, plug all the holes in the strainer baskets, ug nasty. I keep the trees because they are worth more than the pool here in TX.

So I'm using my gas blower to clean these flowers off the pool deck and whamo! I loose my balance, yes, I fell in the freaking pool! Its amazing how much stuff can go through your head as your falling. First, I can't believe I'm going to fall in the pool, I'm fully clothed in my grub around the house clothes, then of Crud, I have a gas powered blower in my hand, then splash, oh thats not as cold as I thought.

I did manage to put the blower down so it did not go into the pool with me, but the kids all loved it and the wife got pictures. The next 2 hours of yard work were quite wet and sloshy.

So share your, I fell in the pool story.

Very similar experience. Pool temp about 50. walking along the as yet unfinished, kinda rough edge, leaf skimmer in one hand, Mich Light in the other.

I was on cruise control and skimming leaves like a robot when my foot didn't land correctly on the rough edge and, while I managed to stay up for about three more steps, the end result was preordained.

Similar thoughts....
Uh-oh, I can't believe I'm falling in this cold pool. Uh-oh, my wallet is in my pocket
Uh-oh, I need to let go of the skimmer.

I clung to my beer for dear life but when I went under, it got very diluted and didn't taste nearly as good as before. That said, I got a little more volume for my money!!

duraleigh said:
Very similar experience. Pool temp about 50. walking along the as yet unfinished, kinda rough edge, leaf skimmer in one hand, Mich Light in the other.

There is the problem! NEVER, EVER, EVER walk around the edge of the pool with a leaf skimmer in your hand! :cheers:

at least y'all had clean pools that you fell into.

I was trying to clean a green lagoon. I dropped something, can't remember what, and was reaching for it. Apparently I reached beyond my reach and tumbled right into the deep end. My only thoughts were "oh no, my phone is in my pocket!!!" "I'm going to come out looking like swamp thing." Don't worry, the phone was ok :p.

i dont think i have ever fell in my pool, but i like to jump out at the kids and make them fall in, yes mean, but so dang funny.

one time my oldest was over and he was cleaning the pool for me and he had the blower as well, only he was sucking leaves insted and he was trying to adjust the bag and i jumped out of the bushes at him, he came out shouting at me like a banshee,

my phone was in my pocket, your buying me a newone, it cost me 600 dollars. all my cash is wet, your going to the bank and getting me new bills. these are my golfing shorts, if their wrecked because of the chemicls your buying new ones (all of this while he is in the pool, not trying to swim out , but still shouting at me) LOL. of course he was shouting, and i did have to get him a new phone, so i dont do that much anymore. why he was cleaning the pool in his fancy clothes was beyond me. where did i go wrong with that boy.

I'm in Round Rock too and have been fighting the same tree problems. Having a birthday party for my oldest daughter this weekend, so we are going to heat the pool. I'll end up spending all day Friday cleaning up the pool deck. Any suggestions ? What is good to take out the stains ?

-- Lee

Leeman said:
I'm in Round Rock too and have been fighting the same tree problems. Having a birthday party for my oldest daughter this weekend, so we are going to heat the pool. I'll end up spending all day Friday cleaning up the pool deck. Any suggestions ? What is good to take out the stains ?

-- Lee

I have cool deck or something like that and just us a power washer.

Whew! Glad you posted because now I know I'm not the only klutz.

I fell in last weekend, water temp is 57 F. Skimming crud off the bottom and leaned over too far. The steps aren't in the pool yet. My first thought was something unprintable, my second one was, "How long can you survive in 57 F?". Getting out was not pretty; listening to my husband giggle when I squished into the house was even nastier.

Clearly I need a longer pole!

AnnaK

AnnaK said:
Whew! Glad you posted because now I know I'm not the only klutz.

I fell in last weekend, water temp is 57 F. Skimming crud off the bottom and leaned over too far. The steps aren't in the pool yet. My first thought was something unprintable, my second one was, "How long can you survive in 57 F?". Getting out was not pretty; listening to my husband giggle when I squished into the house was even nastier.

Clearly I need a longer pole!

AnnaK

Get that longer pole so you can whack the giggling husband from within the pool :twisted:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We got a spring storm so its a mass of ice again.....I would LOVE to be able to fall in my pool without getting a bruise

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.