Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie question

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie question

So I have been looking around and the hard pipping is awesome. I want to try this but seems that I am having an issue finding the screw on collar like the hoses to the pump and filters. Are these a standard size or is there something I am missing? I was able to make an adapter to go from my skimmer/filter/pump housing to a plunger valve then a hose to the pump, going all pvc is what I really would like to try to do. I have been looking through and cannot find the post that talked about the special adapters. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
    13500 gallons
    Intex 2650 Sand filter pump
    AG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie question

Tell us what pool and equipment you have. It's hard to come up with an adapter without knowing what you're connecting to what.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry about that..I have the intex 2650 gal sand filter/ pump. The pool is a 24' summer splash soft side pool. It had the through the wall skimmer/filter/pump that stopped working..I purchased the sand filter/pump and I made a pvc adapter so that I could attach the sand filter to the pool. I am looking to completely hard pipe and get rid of all the hoses, but I have been having a problem finding the threaded "collars" that attach the hoses to the pump, the filter, and the plunger valves. I am wanting to make it all 1 1/2" pvc.

Sorry about the bad post. Hope this clears some of it up.
    13500 gallons
    AG

4. Back To Top    #4

I hard plumbed my pool this year, got all my stuff here: http://flexpvc.com
    They seem to have everything, great prices and fast shipping.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

5. Back To Top    #5

I got pipe and elbows and the ball valves..what I am trying to really find out I guess is how do I make the attachment to the pump and filter and plunger valves so that I can take it apart in the winter. The guy at HD could not help me. and it seems that the threads are not a standard size.
    13500 gallons
    AG

6. Back To Top    #6

Dan D
    Used 2003 Aqua Leader 27'x52", 17,800 w/10" hopper, SwimPro SW256T 250# sand filter, Hayward PowerFlo LX pump 1hp impellor, Emerson 1 1/2 hp motor, setup Aug 2012 Summer 2011 used Summer Escapes Ring pool 14' x 42", Intex 1600gph sand filter, HTH 6 way test kitTF-100 w/stirrer, Well water @ FC=0, PH=7.2, TA=290, CH=320

7. Back To Top    #7

Got the adapters and am modding them in a little bit. I will take pics and post. No turning back now.
    13500 gallons
    AG

8. Back To Top    #8

I made the adapters I used the grey adapters that I sanded and used the threaded collar from the old hoses and have done from the filter to the pool the problem I have is at the pool I am connecting to the intex plunger valves. When I open the valve it starts to leak out around the threaded collar. I made a gasket out of neapren material I purchased also. One thing I am learning..i need more then 2 hands. Any sugestions on the collar? I am trying to make it as straight as possible also, so I don't know if that would matter or not. Should I tape the threads also?
    13500 gallons
    AG