Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safety of Test Kits

1. Back To Top    #1

Kingwood, Texas

Safety of Test Kits

I noticed today, after getting the CH test solution R0011L all over my hands, that if it gets on skin to wash for 20 minutes then get medical attention. Then I looked at all the other bottles in the test kit and they all say the same. Is this stuff really that dangerous? Do you all recommend wearing gloves when testing?
    17,000 gal. inground pool, Diamond Brite cool blue, Kreepy Krauly Legend inground pool cleaner(w/seperate pump), Pentair Clean & Clear Plus cartridge filter (420sq.ft), Pentair IntelliFlo vs-3050 variable speed pump, Pentair Rainbow model 320 chlorine feeder, Pentair IntelliBrite 5g LED lights (2), waterfall and 32 ft. of weeping wall (w/seperate pump), 2 skimmers, 4 drains, tanning ledge w/2 geisers, Jandy EE2500TI Heat Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Safety of Test Kits

I handle the stuff without gloves almost on a daily basis in the summer. The percentages of what they contain are so tiny that I believe them to be completely harmless. I have some faith in Taylor that they are pretty careful about manufacturing anything that will harm you.

BTW, if you leave that R-0011L on your hands to dry it is a stubborn stain to get off. Just soap and water gets it easily if you do it in the first five minutes or so. How did you get it all over your hands?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School