Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Build under construction in SoCal Almost done *pics*

1. Back To Top    #1

New Build under construction in SoCal Almost done *pics*

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for over a year now. We wanted to have a pool installed just after buying the house last year, but things didn't work out (settled for a 16x32 above ground for last summer). Over the winter I checked out a number of builders, tried to find as many reviews as possible and wen't with the builder that had some nice rock work / over all feel. It sure has been one of those bumpy rides so far, The demo / dig was about a month ago, it was quickly halted when they hit a 200 pair phone line cable (it was way out of easement). We have been waiting for the phone company to reroute, sadly this means we are qickly loosing the summer on the bright side its socal so we should be able to swim into Late September.

The build is now moving along again, first inspection is done and we are hoping to have the Gunite done next week, after that there is another delay, I was told the rock work guy / slide / waterfall person is out and when back it will be a 2 week project, then they can move on with the deck.

Now comes the hard part, picking all the colors, tile, coping, deck, rock work color and so on. I am also having a hard time with add on's, sadly once you start changing / adding more things on there never seems to be a stopping point. I had the main pump upgraded to VSD, lights to LED and bumped the computer system to the PDA 8 port, as they wanted to give the 4 port setup which would have been mostly used.

On to some photo's

a few shots of the yard before anything was done / the work was started.

Demo changes everything

Nothing like a phone trunk cable stoping things....

Rebar is now in

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build in SoCal, Looking tips on things to add

Welcome to tfp, socal1

Looking forward to more pictures of your build!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Gunite is now done, next big delay is the rock work, slide / waterfall / rocks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Are you doing SWCG? One of the best things I have ever done to my pool. Talk to your pool builder if you do salt, around here some stone doesn't hold up to our sun and salt as well as others.

The gas line for the BBQ is a great idea, I had that at my last house. When you buy the BBQ, make sure you get one with the right BTUs, natural gas has a much lower energy content than propane. You could also use it for a gas lighted wood fired grill and/or oven.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah it will be SWCG, also upgraded to LED lights all around. As of now we are pretty set on colored concret coping and a paver deck so it should hold up to the salt. I am considering two deck jets on the back raised deck. Still mixed on the BBQ area, its not cheap, they quote like $450 a foot for the buildout I heard some people mention Fog jets, but have no clue what that costs and how often it would really be used.

6. Back To Top    #6

Re: New Build under construction in SoCal Midway done *pics*

The days keep on rolling by, thankfully it hasn't been crazy hot yet, or else my kids would be freaking out We are told that its down to about 3 weeks until we can swim. The rockwork is just about done, the coping and other bands will be poured next week then they begin the tedious work of the paver install.

Here is a few more pics, shows the rockwork coming together. These are about a week old, I will try to grab some a closer shot of the completed waterfall / slide, it looks pretty good.

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: New Build under construction in SoCal Almost done *pics

A quick update. the bands / coping / rockwork is now done. They should start with the Pavers soon, and perhaps we will be lucky enough to have water in 2-3 weeks.

The rock slide / waterfall
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Back To Top    #8

That is looking great - I bet that three weeks can't get over soon enough!
    18x33 AGP, 17,300 gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1.5 HP 2 Speed Hayward Pump

9. Back To Top    #9

wow that looks awesome so far, can't wait to see more pics
    Martin,
    Midlothian, TX
    Pool built in August 2012, 17.2k gallons, IG Gunite/PebbleTec (Midnight Blue), 1k sq ft Washed Aggregate decking, Jandy Stealth 2HP Pump shared with Spa, Aqua-Pure Salt-Gen, Jandy 1.5hp wtr feat pump, Jandy CV580 Cart Filter, Jandy AE3000TR Heat Pump w Chiller, Polaris 280 with Booster, Dual Time Clocks with freeze protect feature, Jandy Pool (2) and Spa (1) Multi LEDs, 2 Skimmers, 4 Pool Returns, 6 Spa Jets, water features incl 3' sheer descents and spa spillway

Click Here For My Pool Build Thread

10. Back To Top    #10

Soooooo close now, there is an inspection tomorrow and hoping for pebbletec tuesday. Then the fun final touches, need to pick plants, low voltage lights, etc. Here are some pics. Thanks for looking!

11. Back To Top    #11

Your pool is looking great - I bet the kids are super excited.
    18x33 AGP, 17,300 gal, Hayward Sand Filter, 1.5 HP 2 Speed Hayward Pump

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Jack
    Your pool is looking great - I bet the kids are super excited.
    Indeed, amazing that the summer is done and the kids are back in school. Thankfully in SoCal it stays warm into Oct.