Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ez touch relay for swim jet

1. Back To Top    #1

Ez touch relay for swim jet

Anyone know which relay to use to control a 4 hp badu swim jet through an eztouch?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Ez touch relay for swim jet

How many amps is it rated for and at what voltage? The listed HP doesn't tell the full story.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Rated at 21.0-19.4 at 208-230v. My concern is current draw at start up with stock eztouch relays.

4. Back To Top    #4

Orange County, CA

You will likely need a beefier DPST relay to handle the load you are describing. You might check the Grainger website for a proper relay for that load.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

5. Back To Top    #5

The Badujet has it's own controls. Mine is connected directly to a 50 AMP breaker. The system, at least mine, uses a air button that can be at the pool. Mine is at the pool wall. I'm not sure what system you have but the Badujet manual will tell you exactly how to wire it and of course you should use an electrician.
    Northeast PA (Mt Cobb) 16,000 gallon in ground salt pool with all Pentair automation and Intelliflo VS pump. Also part of the pool is a two 5-horsepower 3-jet Badujet swim system. For heating we use a 384 sq-ft Heliocol solar pool heating system and additional solar from the 160 sq-ft house solar heating system.