Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Jandy lite2 won't fire up. Block siphon tube?

Jandy lite2 won't fire up. Block siphon tube?

I figured out that if I jumped the presure switch the heater would come on so I ordered a new switch. The new switch also doesn't close the circuit. So I pointed the siphon tube in a direction I didn't mind getting wet and turned on my pump with the switch off and nothing came out.

I haven't changed anything since I winterized it. I'm assuming the tube is blocked with a bit of dirt or rust or something. I stuffed about 18 inches of weedeater filament into the tube but it couldn't get it to go the last 6 inches, think that is because of a tight bend, but it could be the blockage. Either way I didn't get any water to come out.

I have to go buy a special wrench to remove the other end of the tube without tearing the heater apart and try to clear it. Anything else I should try or buy?

We're having a pool party next Friday so i need to have it running by Wednesday night.
    20k gallon free form plaster pool with a spill over spa, sand filter, Master Pools in floor cleaner, Jandy PDA and Jandy Lite2 natural gas heater.

Re: Jandy lite2 won't fire up. Block siphon tube?

The switch and tube and 18 and 19 on this diagram: http://www.poolpartsonline.com/popup...26size%3dlarge
    20k gallon free form plaster pool with a spill over spa, sand filter, Master Pools in floor cleaner, Jandy PDA and Jandy Lite2 natural gas heater.

Re: Jandy lite2 won't fire up. Block siphon tube?

With all the twists and turns in that tube it's no winder you couldn't get the trimmer line through it. I think you have a good plan. Take the tube loose and see if it's blocked. Then go from there.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 1.5hp Dynamo pump. 24" Pentair Sand Dollar Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit
    You can stop SLAMing your pool when you pass the OCLT (You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & You have .5ppm CC's or less) & your water is clear.