Jandy PureLink / Aquapure 1400 question

Aug 31, 2010
New Caney, TX 77357
If the PureLink is in Service mode and you run the chlorine rate up to some % > 0 (like 100 for example), why doesn't it indicate Flow and Cell On? How do you know at this point that it is really producing chlorine? System is working in Auto (through the program or turning on using PDA), just don't understand why it doesn't confirm operation in Service mode.

Also the sensor seems to be "flaky" but not failed. In Auto, sometimes indicates No Flow and turns off the cell, then check it later and shows Flow and Cell On. Having a hard time keeping chlorine level up, even running 13 hours (or more) per day. Had Jandy rep out to check it (still under warranty) and he says "all OK". System has been in operation for 1 1/2 year. Worked fine up to now.

Tell Jandy you know they have a problem with the sensors, and you would prefer he replaced with the new style
(black). They will probably try to tell you your sensor is just fine, or install the mini board in line. I would keep calling till it is fixed properly(black and board). Yes, that will be somewhat of a PITA, but its easier that fixing a green pool IMO.

Update: continuing to see intermittent operation, sometimes have Flow and Cell On but seeing No Flow quite a bit. I am running the filter pump 13 hours/day (daylight hours only 6A-7P) at 85% setting on the Aquapure. Our pool does not get a whole lot of direct sun due to tall trees on two sides of the property. CYA is between 70-80 (I tested yesterday), salt is about 3200 per Aquapure display. Tested chlorine level yesterday evening and it was less than 1.0 (maybe 0.5). "No Flow" indication on the Aquapure display. Shutoff pump and checked the sensor, it was fine but I cleaned it anyway. Pressure slightly above "clean" mark on the DE filter, flow into pool was normal. Loaded up the in-line dispenser with chlorine tabs and turned pump back on.

I took pictures of everything (display, indicator LEDs, filter guage, sensor, test results of chlorine check, flow into pool, etc.) and emailed to my pool builder with all the background info. Just got a response back that the Jandy/Aquapure rep will be out on Monday to "replace the system". Yeehaw! :party:

Earlier this year my sensor failed on my Aquapure. For about two weeks I noticed I would get the no flow error off and on and then it just died. They replaced my sensor and everything has been perfect since.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.