Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Absorbic acid vs vitamin c

1. Back To Top    #1

Absorbic acid vs vitamin c

I'll be using vitamin c for my pool rather than absorbic acid. Absorbic acid is used at 2 lbs for a 20,000 gallon pool. Does anyone have any idea how much more vitamin c you have to use for the same results. I thought they were the same but after reading some posts it says vitamin c works slower and you need to use more. I do have 1 lb of absorbic acid and 2 lbs of vitamin c on hand. Any opinions?
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Absorbic acid vs vitamin c

They are exactly the same stuff. Citric acid works slower and you need to use more.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How much more and how much more slower. I know nothing's ever exact but is it 2/1 and 3 days slower? And can they be used together if put in seperately?
    Southern NJ, 1 HP Haward Pump, 16x 32 dimensions, 21,000 gallon vinyl liner inground pool, TF-100 test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

If you are using citric acid you need anywhere from 1.5 to 2 times as much and it takes an extra half hour or so to work. Citric acid can be used at the same time as vitamin C/ascorbic acid.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School