Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dirty water from jets!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Dirty water from jets!!

Hi!
    I am new to this site, so I am hoping you can help me. I am ready to pull out my hair! I have been having trouble getting my pool water clear since I opened it in May. All of the chemicals are fine. We cannot see the bottom unless we leave the pump & filter off for a couple days. Then everything settles to the bottom. I have been vacuuming it almost everyday, but it seems dirty water is coming out of the jets. I am not sure if this is keeping the water from clearing up. Any ideas??
    14'x28' with a 6' deep end- 14,500 gallon Inground Vinyl Liner Steel Pool, currently under construction. Currently shopping for bleach :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dirty water from jets!!

Please post a few specifics like size and type of pool, pump/filter, location, test results. Lots of smart folks here, but they need info.

Welcome to the forum!
    22'x52" AG Ultra Frame Intex - 12,500 gal (47K liter)
    Manual Liquid Chlorine - 1HP 100# Hayward sand filter
    Lots of sun, trees, pollen & wind - 50ppm Borates
    4nd season grateful TFP fan

3. Back To Top    #3

Put a sock over the return and see what's coming back through the jets, too.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok...this is what I know off the top of my head...
    16 X 32 IG pool
    Sand filter & 1 1/2 HP filter
    Michigan

I do not have the test results on me, but I can post them tomorrow. And I will definitely try the sock thing...great idea!!

Thank you!!
    14'x28' with a 6' deep end- 14,500 gallon Inground Vinyl Liner Steel Pool, currently under construction. Currently shopping for bleach :)

5. Back To Top    #5

I guessed you had a sand filter, so that's what we are looking for. Need to know if it's gritty sand or not.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!