I passed the OCLT last week and thought I was good to go, so I let the FC drift back down to normal levels over the course of the weekend. On Monday night, I tested a FC of 7. The next morning I was at 5.5 FC, with CC of .5, so I figured it was time to shock again.
Here are what my test results were over the course of the next few days:
CYA<30 ( I assume 30 for the tests)
Monday -- 8 FC, 0 CC (9 pm)
Tuesday -- 6.5 FC, .5 CC (5:30 am)
14 FC, 0 CC (9 am, following shock)
12 FC, 0 CC (8:30 pm)
14.5 FC, 0 CC (9:30 pm, following shock)
Wednesday -- 13 FC, .5 CC (5:30 am)
11 FC, .5 CC (8:30 pm, no chlorine added in the morning as I was still at shock level)
13.5 FC, 0 CC (9:30 pm, following shock)
Thursday -- 11.5 FC, .5 CC (5:30 am)
I am losing between 1.5 and 2 FC overnight. Yet, I was not losing any more than that during the day this week (It was intermittently cloudy and rainy those days, and I have had my solar cover on all week; I even had a dead mole and frog in my skimmers one of those evenings and still only lost 2 FC during the day). I am finding CC of .5 or less. I brush the pool and get a little bit of dust, but not any other debris. The pool looks clear, the filters are clean.
I thought that maybe the rain had been a cause of the FC loss on Monday and Tuesday evenings. But yesterday evening was clear outside. And I did extra brushing last night.