Someone jammed a stick into the bottom of the pool

Emma37

Jun 14, 2012
I hope this post is in the correct place....
We have an Intex 15X48 metal frame vinyl pool. Long story short, "someone" jammed a stick into the bottom of the pool near the side. The hole was about 1.5"X1.5". We patched with Boxer vinyl repair, doing a poor job as an inexperienced pool people. It leaked. We then drained the pool and pulled the old patch off....YIKES!....wrong thing to do! The hole is now about 5 inches long by 2 inches wide. We pondered this and decided to clean the bottom part (outside) of hole and apply patch there.....we did, with about 1/2 inch over the hole, set, then applied the same on the inside, set, then put a larger patch over that on the back (outside)...now we waited and decided to fill the pool to have the water 'shape' at the hole sight....we did and then patched the inside, under the water, 2 inches over the existing patch. We are now filling the pool more to see if it works. If there is a wrinkle under the patch, which there is, do you all think this will be compromised and the whole thing will fail? We are a praying people and have prayed over this whole trial....if it works great--if it doesn't, that's OK too. Thanks for any imput.

Thanks all. And I like the humor :)
We have filled it about 1/4 and it is holding so far....praise God!
The "someone" was given the opportunity to confess and be forgiven....but chose not to :(
I don't think that was a wise choice...but....we all make the decision that seems best.
Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.