I am a complete idiot...

Beez

LifeTime Supporter
May 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
...or I have a lot on my mind...whatever...

Last night I got home from work late. Noticed that the water level in pool was at the bottom end of operating range, so I put the hose in and turned on the water full blast. It needed about 1/2" additional water. 4 hours later I remembered to turn it off.

The really disturbing part, besides overfilling and water waste, is that the pool didn't overflow as far as I can tell. Where did all that extra water go??? Water level in the pool only got up to the bottom of the coping. The equipment pad area was flooded, so I assume a lot of water exited around the top of skimmer, but could all of it have drained that way? Weird.

I did that a few times ... once we had gone to a Birthday party and had to leave to get home and shut off the water (pretty sure it was more than 4 hours) During a remodel, I added an auto-fill to eliminate me as the source of the issue.

Mine also did not overflow. I have a few rocks that are on the coping and the deck goes around them. I think the water was draining around the rocks so it never got up over the deck.

Never did it with the hose but, did it with the heater a couple of times. Worst one was the time I heated to the pool to 105*. Wife and I went to a friends house for a graduation party. She asked me to turn the heater on to warm up the pool a little so she could use it the next day. This was about 1:00 in the afternoon. When we got home from the party a little after midnight I realized that I forgot to turn the heater off. When I pulled the thermometer The water was so hot it scared me at first. So I had an 18' hot tub for a while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.