May 28, 2012
Well got the pool set up on what I thought was level ground checked several times. Well I went to work as the pool filled, my wife was at home watching it.
She sent me at text saying the water was some 4 inches off. So now the pool is draining, tomorrow I will relevel and see what happens.

Amazing how the eye can fool ya huh?

We thought we had our clay pretty close to level, (used a line level for that part), but today we started laying landscape timbers along another line and WOW, the line level wasn't even close, but the thing is looking at it with just the eyeball it "looked" pretty level, ugggggggggs.

Good luck with your project.

Samantha Sabrina said:
Amazing how the eye can fool ya huh?

We thought we had our clay pretty close to level, (used a line level for that part), but today we started laying landscape timbers along another line and WOW, the line level wasn't even close, but the thing is looking at it with just the eyeball it "looked" pretty level, ugggggggggs.

Good luck with your project.

I used a line level also along with a long boards and 4 ft level... still was off by about 2.5 inches... Not as easy it looks.
Mine was about 26 inch fall over 14 ft before leveling.

proginov said:
Rent a rotating laser like they put drop ceilings in with, set it in the middle of the pool, and level the walls, it is worth the rental fees.
Now that's a good idea. Where can you rent one of these?

GOOGLE water level.

You can make one with a milk jug and some tubing. If used carefully, it can be very accurate. I used one to set my coping when I built my pool. I have a transit but this was easier when working alone.

Well pool legs are down "Intex ultra frame" now to figure out how to take the ring apart.

About 2 inches of water left in the bottom,

I have got a laser level rotating system. Going tomorrow morning and going to get another ton of sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.