Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Disaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Disaster

Well got the pool set up on what I thought was level ground checked several times. Well I went to work as the pool filled, my wife was at home watching it.
    She sent me at text saying the water was some 4 inches off. So now the pool is draining, tomorrow I will relevel and see what happens.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Disaster

Amazing how the eye can fool ya huh?

We thought we had our clay pretty close to level, (used a line level for that part), but today we started laying landscape timbers along another line and WOW, the line level wasn't even close, but the thing is looking at it with just the eyeball it "looked" pretty level, ugggggggggs.

Good luck with your project.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

3. Back To Top    #3

Rent a rotating laser like they put drop ceilings in with, set it in the middle of the pool, and level the walls, it is worth the rental fees.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Sabrina
    Amazing how the eye can fool ya huh?

We thought we had our clay pretty close to level, (used a line level for that part), but today we started laying landscape timbers along another line and WOW, the line level wasn't even close, but the thing is looking at it with just the eyeball it "looked" pretty level, ugggggggggs.

Good luck with your project.
    I used a line level also along with a long boards and 4 ft level... still was off by about 2.5 inches... Not as easy it looks.
    Mine was about 26 inch fall over 14 ft before leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by proginov
    Rent a rotating laser like they put drop ceilings in with, set it in the middle of the pool, and level the walls, it is worth the rental fees.
    Now that's a good idea. Where can you rent one of these?
    ~3800 gal AG. Vinyl. Cartridge. 1k gal/hr Pump. Adding SWG soon.

5. Back To Top    #5

The rotating laser levels are a nice tool, BUT, make sure you double check it before counting on it.

We bought one and it is not as accurate as our transit level is.
    Samantha

In the process of building for a 22' Intex Ultra Frame, (completion date up in the air at this point).
    We could not beat our backyard into submission so we "Buried It".

6. Back To Top    #6

GOOGLE water level.

You can make one with a milk jug and some tubing. If used carefully, it can be very accurate. I used one to set my coping when I built my pool. I have a transit but this was easier when working alone.
    22k gal, gunite, Pebblesheen, fountain/waterfall, no spa, Quad 100DE, Easytouch4, Pentair VS3050, Polaris 280, TFP-100 kit, Stenner pump

7. Back To Top    #7

Well pool legs are down "Intex ultra frame" now to figure out how to take the ring apart.

About 2 inches of water left in the bottom,

I have got a laser level rotating system. Going tomorrow morning and going to get another ton of sand.

8. Back To Top    #8

Your ground could have settled, it happened to me too.

Press the white plastic button tab in and lift the ring upward toward the sky.

9. Back To Top    #9

You can rent a professional level from any Lowes, just make sure you level it (bubble level on top). They are very accurate.