Good pool vacuum/brush that's hooks up to intex sand filter?

Jun 5, 2012
I am looking for a decent (not espensive) pool vacuum. Preferably that attaches to an intex Krystal clear sand filter. I have heard that intex filters don't have adapters that fit to vacuums? I may be wrong on this but I'm not sure. I am in the dark on this and would like to buy a good vacuum for a fair price. And figure out where to attach the hose to (I'm guessing your intake to filter? I appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: Good pool vacuum/brush that's hooks up to intex sand fil

Hi Jeff
I have an Intex 14' X 36" Ultra frame. I dont use the clamp-on skimmer that came with it. I just bought a weighted crescent vac head ($17) 25' X1.5" vac hose ($27) and a $3 multi adapter. That is the key! It is gently tapered at both ends. I take my intake screen out of the wall and plug this in tight. The vac hose slides onto the other end.
Always fill your vac hose from the return vent before attaching to the pump side. Just hold the end to the return until the bubbles stop. Good Luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.