Newbie.........

Bigchz

Mar 13, 2012
I just had pool school three weeks ago and have never owned a pool until now :-D after taking water to pinch a penny my results are as follow:
TC 5.0
FC 5.0
PH 7.6
TA 60
calcium 225
stabilizer 25
salt 3300
So my question is.....I know I should add baking soda to get my TA up to around 100 but adding baking soda will also increase my PH(which is perfect now).....So what is more important...TA or PH.....because I know once I add it I will than have to add acid to lower my PH......am I understanding this correctly....second thing is my chlorine being 5.0...if I dont put in stabliler will my TC drop to normal levels...or should I add the stablizer now......Thanks in advance.....

Your levels seem basically fine.

The only thing I would suggest you do now is order one of the recommended test kits.

And read Pool School to increase your understanding.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

Oops ... I keep missing details tonight. Agree you should likely raise the CYA to recommended values for SWG.

Posted with Tapatalk ... sorry if I sound short ... hate typing on phone :)

know I should add baking soda to get my TA up to around 100 but adding baking soda will also increase my PH(which is perfect now)
Baking soda will have very little affect on your pH.

Chlorine is consumable and will need to be replenished constantly.

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.