New system

Jun 13, 2012
I have a Summer Splash 24' pool that I just added an Intex sand pump/ filter system. Everything was going fine, but now there is hardly any flow to the pool from the filter system. I have backwashed several times and still have not been able to get the pressure to rise. I will note that I had to use the old wall skimmer and old pump so that I could use the plunger fittings to work. When I first hooked it up the pressure was very good, but ofter I when I came back to it about 30 minutes later to see how it was doing was when I noticed the pressure was low. Looking at the psi gauge it shows nothing on it. I have checked all the hoses and fittings and cannot find any leaks anywhere. The only thing that is different was the skimmmer lid was foggy to where I cannot see into it very well.

Any help would be appreciated as I have tried everything I can see and have read in the owners manual.

Thanks,
Wes

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like you might be getting air into the pump, which causes it to work poorly. CHeck to make sure there is enough water in the skimmer so that no air is drawn down the skimmer. Also make sure that the hose between the skimmer and the pump is tightly connected and isn't letting air in.

Checked the plunger valves and they are clean, I do notice that at the skimmer..the water is not to the top of it..I tried to tighten the little air release valve, and when I started it back i noticed that it is dripping water..took it all the way out and it has a crack in it..I tried to silicone it back..waiting for it to dry. In the meantime I was able to go to intex website and order a new one. Could that be letting in too much air?

Also, I don't know if I did this correct or not. This pump filter system from intex I bought, the original pump was a wall hanging skimmer pump assembly. The pump stopped working, so I took out the impeller and used pvc pipe to increase the diameter so that I could get the plunger valves attached so that I did not have to cut the hoses and use hose clamps. Did not know if anyone had done this or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.