So I read this in pool school...
"Shocking the pool will eliminate algae, combined chlorine (CC), and any other organic contamination. If you have algae, or the CC level is above 0.5, or the free chlorine (FC) level is zero, you should shock the pool. Many people also like to s--hock the pool when the FC level falls significantly, as it often does after a major storm or large swim party. This is done even if FC doesn't get all the way to zero, just to be sure everything is all right. If you are maintaining proper FC levels there is no need to shock weekly, or on any other regular schedule."
Here is my questions:
If everything looks good, but you notice that the FC has gone down to 2ppm should you shock or just add the normal amount of bleach to bring it to 3-7ppm FC level? Or if you have gone over 8 weeks without shocking is that okay, or would it be a good time to shock the pool if the FC drops to 2ppm? I guess I'm looking for some opinions and kind of what your shock schedule looks like using the BBB. Thanks