Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. If you have problems logging in to the new system, you should try resetting your password. Click HERE to do that. Pool School

Thread: Another Thank You thread

Another Thank You thread

I want to thank everyone here for all the advice and support! I had a pool installed in October 2011 and was worried when I opened it I would be lost. Luckily, I found this site. My brother is the manager of a pool store and I feel like I can't talk about this site to him because the first thing he said was "Bleach will fade the liner" He said all I need to do is shock once a week and after big storms. BTW, he lives next door and hasn't complained yet about my bleach pool. I stop by the forum every day so I can read other peoples problems and successes just in case I should ever have a problem. Again, thanks and when I've been here longer I'll contribute to discussions as well

14x28 13,200 gal IG Vinyl
    Pentair SD60 60gpm
    Pentair SuperFlo 3/4hp
    2 Aqua Genie Skimmers
    TF100

Re: Another Thank You thread

That's some nice water you've got there!

Very nice pool. I love looking at my sparkly water everyday ! Love this site

Nice looking pool! Wait until after your brother goes for a swim before you tell him it's bleach. LOL
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

Very clear water. I still get blank stares when I tell people that bleach is my primary chlorine source. It's hard to argue against proven results, though!
    TFP Moderator 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, PoolMath, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is as important to your pool as water.