Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Another Thank You thread

Another Thank You thread

I want to thank everyone here for all the advice and support! I had a pool installed in October 2011 and was worried when I opened it I would be lost. Luckily, I found this site. My brother is the manager of a pool store and I feel like I can't talk about this site to him because the first thing he said was "Bleach will fade the liner" He said all I need to do is shock once a week and after big storms. BTW, he lives next door and hasn't complained yet about my bleach pool. I stop by the forum every day so I can read other peoples problems and successes just in case I should ever have a problem. Again, thanks and when I've been here longer I'll contribute to discussions as well

14x28 13,200 gal IG Vinyl
    Pentair SD60 60gpm
    Pentair SuperFlo 3/4hp
    2 Aqua Genie Skimmers
    TF100

Re: Another Thank You thread

That's some nice water you've got there!

Very nice pool. I love looking at my sparkly water everyday ! Love this site

Nice looking pool! Wait until after your brother goes for a swim before you tell him it's bleach. LOL
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

Very clear water. I still get blank stares when I tell people that bleach is my primary chlorine source. It's hard to argue against proven results, though!
    TFP Moderator 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.