Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wireing the Intermatic PE153 (Digital Timer)

1. Back To Top    #1

Wireing the Intermatic PE153 (Digital Timer)

I know this board has had no activity for a while, but I am hoping someone will read and respond...

I am wiring the PE153 timer according to the notes in this chat board and have a couple of questions:

1. Does the common (white) from the 120 breaker go to circuit #2 on the timer? I am wiring for 120 and not 240.
    2. If I am bonding the motor/pool, do I still need to run a ground from the timer to the motor? Or just from the panel to the timer?

Thank you!
    30K Gallon 18x36, Sand Filter, IG Vinyl, 1HP Hayward, Aquarite SWG, Jandy Lite2 Gas Heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Wireing the Intermatic PE153 (Digital Timer)

No activity for a while ????????? Dozens of posts just on this forum today.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Wireing the Intermatic PE153 (Digital Timer)

1. No. The neutral goes straight to the pump. It's not broken through the relays.
    2. Yes, Bonding and grounding are two completely separate items and it requires both. The ground has to be all the way from the power panel to the pump.

Sorry it took us so long to get you and answer!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit