Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Disposing of Hydrogen Peroxide

1. Back To Top    #1
    Merrimack, NH

Disposing of Hydrogen Peroxide

So, if I had a couple of un-opend bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide that were about to expire, would pouring them in the pool be a better way to dispose of them, than just dumping them down the drain?

16' X 24' Wilkes Pools "Genesis", 10K Gal
    Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1 hp, & 18" Pro Series sand (S180T)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Disposing of Hydrogen Peroxide

Hydrogen peroxide will use up a lot of FC so I don't think you want to do that.

I'd just pour it down the drain.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Somewhere in the middle of Nebraska

Re: Disposing of Hydrogen Peroxide

Is it the 5 or 10% over the counter stuff?
    Small 1 liter (quart)?
    Unless you have a septic system, it is normally safe enough to fill the tub with cold water 1/2 way, add, mix, drain, run the water for 5 minutes. One disclamer... some cities/counties have some concerns about doing this.

Ton of stuff you can use it for... Google... however, be careful of some of the suggested uses.
    If you dilute it 1:1 (2%ish) you can use it to bleach your white t-shirts by soaking them in the solution... just keep your hands out.

Intex Ultraframe 14'x3.5-Round (4000ish-gal) AG - Vinyl - Intex 5667EG Sand Filter 1600gph :)
    ( retired: 637R Crtrge 1000gph someday it may have another life as a water fountain... or feet washer! Solar Water Heater? )

:mrgreen: Click here to Goto Pool School. :scratch: How Much Of What? Click Here - :lookhere: TestKits