Taylor K-2006 kit

swom

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2012
Mine finally came today and boy, it's complicated. Now for the FC do I aim for0.2ppm or 0/5ppm. There are different instructions depending on which I use.

No I used Shock It...Didn't know about this. So you're saying that I can use the liquid chlorine to shock the pool also? What reading am I looking for as a shock value?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Check the pool school button on the top right, your shock value depends on what your CYA level is.

After you test CYA, check the CYA/Chlorine chart. Shocking is a process and the FC shock level is listed on the chart, shocking can be done with any form of chlorine. Most prefer liquid. Adding chlorine daily is considered maintenance (even though the products are most often labeled shock).

It will take some time to get accustomed to the test kit, but after you get some experience using it and spend time reading here your pool will be very simple to take care of!

OK, trying again this morning. Question: it says to multiply drops in step 3 by equivalence in step 1. Step 1 says: for 1 drop = 0.5ppm, use 10 ml. sample. So what am I suppose to multiply the drops I count by? 0.5?

Yes, if you're using the 10ml sample you multiply the number of drops by .5.

The reason they word it the way they do is because you can either use a 10 ml or a 25 ml sample. Just disregard the 25 ml sample and always use the 10 ml sample and multiply the drops by .5.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.