I've been doing lots of reading, learning and window shopping for the past month. This forum has been a tremendous help to me. THANK YOU!
I wanted to ask for input, opinions and advice on a 3 year old Doughboy Copper Canyon display model from a Doughboy dealer, with new pump, filter, hoses, ect for $3000. The store has it listed new at $6700. She sells strickly Doughboy pools.
Here are the specs:
Wide 7" Uni-fit™ Top Rail System for an easy, efficient installation.
Large, contemporary-styled 6" Vertical Supports eliminate top rail rocking, and offer a handsome design.
Connector Skirting enhances stabilization of the top rail at the connector and offers additional vertical support.
It is 3 years old, display ONLY, made of steel, in perfect condition. She would include a brand new pump (Speck 1.5 hp ), new sand filter (Aqua V brand ???), new hoses, all cleaning supplies such as brushes, and a new liner. It includes the hard bottom. There would not be a warranty on the pool itself but if we bought used from Craigslist we wouldn't have one anyway. The new parts would have warranties, such as the liner, pump, etc. I forgot to ask about a pool cleaner... I'll ask about throwing one in.
She is asking $3000 plus install.
She said we would want to change the gaskets which would be $38.00.
Here are some questions:
1. From what I've read this is a good pump. What are your thoughts?
2. Any input on the sand filter?
3. Would it be worth it to upgrade the liner?
4. Would YOU do this?
5. Are there other questions I should ask her? Things I haven't thought of?
6. Is this is fair price?
7. Would we better off getting a Sharkline/Matrix new for about the same price which would have a warranty? I've always loved Doughboy pools but I prefer resin... but for this price steel might be my first choice!!!
8. Any ideas for installers in this area of Dallas/ East Texas? (She has installers - but seems expensive at $1800.)
What are your thoughts - good and bad ??
Thank you for any help you can offer.