Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where to buy muratic acid? and any specific kind? %

1. Back To Top    #1

Where to buy muratic acid? and any specific kind? %

Where to buy muratic acid? and any specific kind? %

don't want to accidently buy the wrong kind, just want to have a bottle on hand for when needed.

Live in michigan so all the stores are here
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Where to buy muratic acid? and any specific kind? %

I get mine at Lowe's, but many hardware stores carry it. Generally in the paint section.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I buy mine from the paint department at Lowes. 31.45%.
    White and blue bottle, about $7
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

so its ok to use the one in the paint section, that is what i was worried about lol
    15,000 gallon inground fiberglass pool with spa. 350lb Sand filter, 1.5 hp pump, and heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Yup- even on the website description it says for use in pools-

http://www.lowes.com/pd_206474-34228-CR ... BeanArray=[com.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%402e0 02e]&pl=1&productId=3024039&ipTrail=67.173.213.56&currentURL=%2F pl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dmuriatic%2Bacid
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

awesome, thanks guys.

ph 7.5 stains start coming on the fiberglass, 7.4 they disappear, will gradually get better as i back wash.

few years ago i got a little fertizler in the pool that contained iron

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

This is one item that I actually buy at my local Pool store. My Lowes and Home Depot carry 15% acid and charge around $10 for a box of two, at Leslie's Pool the price is the same but the acid is 31%. Twice the strength for the same price.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, Hayward H400 & Heliocol Solar heating, A&A infloor system, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit