Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool is here!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool is here!!

Just had to share my excitement! R&L carriers just delivered it. Still waiting on the liner, hopefully that won't be too much longer. This weekend we will be finishing the leveling. Can't wait for this to be done! Pics to come once we start putting it up!
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pool is here!!

Awesome! Please share pictures of your process!

3. Back To Top    #3

Jules,

About how long did delivery take from order time? I'm hopefully ordering a matrix within the next week.

Thanks
    24 Ft Sharkline Matrix , ~15,200 Gallons
    Pentair SD60 w/ 2 speed 1.5 HP Dynamo pump
    Taylor K-2006 --- BBB

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by tick221
    Jules,

About how long did delivery take from order time? I'm hopefully ordering a matrix within the next week.

Thanks
    I ordered last Thursday (June 7th), so they have very fast shipping! The ladder came yesterday via FedEx. I didn't receive a shipping notice on the pool until Monday morning, but it had shipped by the 8th. Just telling you that so you don't stalk your email for days (not that I did that lol!) waiting for a tracking number.
    -Julie
    25,600gal/33' x 52" Sharkline Heritage, Pentair Clean & Clear 150sq ft filter, 1.5hp dual speed Optiflo pump, TF-100 test kit, BBB method, Pool Rover S2-40

5. Back To Top    #5

Who did you buy the pool from? Thanks!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    Poolsupplyworld.com
    -Julie

7. Back To Top    #7

Looking forward to your pics!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Jules
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey
    Poolsupplyworld.com
    I'll tell ya, I have scoured the net for better prices and I keep going back to this site! I have it book marked and alothough I'm not set on round or oval just yet and I like to look for the better buy, deal... whatever... They have beaten local prices up, down and sideways around here. I was just curious as to who you ordered from!

9. Back To Top    #9

Just wanted to update. We didn't get our pool up last summer, we were defeated by rock hard clay and Texas heat. We have our install date set for June 10th. Our electrician friend is coming tomorrow to give us a bid on the electrical work. 12 more days and finally our pool will be up, God willing! I'm so tired of looking at this huge spot of dirt in our yard! I'll be posting pics as soon as work begins!
    -Julie

10. Back To Top    #10

6 more days!! I can hardly wait. Here's a pic of what the installers will be working with, they do have to finish leveling. We did all we could. http://s639.photobucket.com/user/txmomm ... e.jpg.html
    -Julie

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi Jules! I feel your excitement as I'm so very close to an install too! We're paying for the excavator on Friday n starting the dig on Thursday!

12. Back To Top    #12

I can relate to the excitement! We just put up our Sharkline Heritage 27' round last month and am still excited about it. We have the same pump and filter as you and like it, however check your package to make sure they sent the correct instruction manual. Our package (manufacturer's fault, not PSW) had the wrong instructions which caused us to go a week with water in the pool and no pump/filter running. The pump is very quiet on low speed; we only use high speed when running the cleaner. Just got our first electric bill with the pool up and running and the increase was minimal. Happy about that! We also bought from Pool Supply World.
    TF100 kit, Sharkline AGP Heritage 27' round 54" deep, Dual speed Pentair clean & clear Optiflo pump with 150 sf cartridge filter, just installed! Location: North Texas.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by jlsr
    I can relate to the excitement! We just put up our Sharkline Heritage 27' round last month and am still excited about it. We have the same pump and filter as you and like it, however check your package to make sure they sent the correct instruction manual. Our package (manufacturer's fault, not PSW) had the wrong instructions which caused us to go a week with water in the pool and no pump/filter running. The pump is very quiet on low speed; we only use high speed when running the cleaner. Just got our first electric bill with the pool up and running and the increase was minimal. Happy about that! We also bought from Pool Supply World.
    Thanks for the heads up, we checked everything last year and all was well Did you post pics of your install or pool anywhere on the forum?
    -Julie

14. Back To Top    #14

I have a post on the forum somewhere about our issue with the pump connector but haven't posted our build pics yet. I want to finish up the landscape around the pool first then do our post. hope to finish that this weekend
    TF100 kit, Sharkline AGP Heritage 27' round 54" deep, Dual speed Pentair clean & clear Optiflo pump with 150 sf cartridge filter, just installed! Location: North Texas.

15. Back To Top    #15

Electric has been installed and sand delivered. Monday morning can't come fast enough! My tf-100 came earlier this week. Yesterday I bought cya, baking soda and bleach. I'm ready!
    -Julie

16. Back To Top    #16

If your really eager to get at it you can try a few test runs with your TF100 on your house water, just to get a few tests under your belt.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by cramar
    If your really eager to get at it you can try a few test runs with your TF100 on your house water, just to get a few tests under your belt.
    I've already tested the tap water. This isn't my first time using the kit, we had an Intex pool before and I used the tf-100 then also
    -Julie

18. Back To Top    #18

Well, just our luck. It's going to rain today, we have an 80% chance. So, our install may be postponed. I'm praying a miracle happens and it misses us.
    -Julie

19. Back To Top    #19

I would gladly take your rain if I could. All we've had is memories of it. Do get the levelling right...you'll never regret the extra effort unless you don't.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

20. Back To Top    #20

They're calling for rain Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for us. We are just digging right now but I'll be using my time wisely to get the ground prepared for our build. I don't think our pool will be up until the beginning of July as we have to budget our materials wisely. Our hill side is eating through money like an algae bloom eats up chlorine!

Post lots of pics!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast