Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LOL

1. Back To Top    #1

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wichita, KS

Re: LOL

Now I know not to trust the Wiki Answers page!
    22'x52" AG Ultra Frame Intex - 12,500 gal (47K liter)
    Manual Liquid Chlorine - 1HP 100# Hayward sand filter
    Lots of sun, trees, pollen & wind - 50ppm Borates
    4nd season grateful TFP fan

3. Back To Top    #3
    Nashville, TN

The truly disturbing part is that the first answer CITES RICHARD (chem geek), arguably one of the most respected posters on this forum. Obviously, the answer cites him incorrectly (which is to say, it says he's saying something he isn't), but most readers will never realize that.
    Pool School helps me maintain my 13,500G 24' x 48" ASP with Sand Filtration using a TF100 Test Kit and Pool Calculator.
    Remember, the Shock Process should be followed until : 1. CC is less than 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT shows a loss of 1.0 ppm or less and, 3. The water is crystal clear.
    --I didn't buy my pool to swim in it. I bought my pool to watch my wife swim in it. :wink:

4. Back To Top    #4
    North Georgia

MY GOD! My stomach is going to boil if i drink my pool water....LOL
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Wow! That entire thing looks like it's slapped together from a bunch of unrelated wikipedia articles. Phytotoxicity?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

6. Back To Top    #6
    Minooka, IL

I love the list of related questions underneath it - all with the answer of "yes" instead!!
    AG, 10,400 gallons, filter cartridge, 2HP pump
    Coffeegoddss...bonafide thread killer!
    POOL SCHOOL...fortheloveofgawd, read POOL SCHOOL

7. Back To Top    #7

San Rafael, CA USA

Yeah, they refer to a post I wrote that was about never mixing acid directly with chlorine. It had nothing to do with the safety of bleach in swimming pools.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

8. Back To Top    #8
    Lemoore, CA

I tried to edit the answer and I couldn't. I looked up in the help menu and apparently the answer is considered a "reference topic" and cannot be edited, but you can suggest that it needs improvement. I did so.
    21,000 Gallon IG Plaster with Spillover Spa (Built in 1978) | 48 sq/ft Hayward DE Filter | 3.0 HP Pentair Variable Speed Pump | Hayward H250FDN Heater| 8 Gallon Liquidator | Taylor K-2005 | Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Test | Taylor "SpeedStir"

9. Back To Top    #9

It's things like this, and this ... mming_pool that make me stay in my own little world...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Rob B
    My $100 pool finally died after 6 years.
    Totally got our monies worth!
    Butterfly made me do it...

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11
    DFW, Texas

I recently had a pool party and several people commented how good the water appeared and felt. Several said this was the first pool they had been in that didn't irritate their eyes. Funny, considering that I use bleach as my chlorine source although keeping the water balanced with regard to pH and TA in particular also helps.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

12. Back To Top    #12

LOL is right. Kind of scary too.

My wife's friend at work has a small pool business and he installed a pool liner for me. His son was there with him also. While alone with his son, I asked if he'd ever used bleach as the chlorine source. He said- no, bleach is too strong don't use that. I said- oh yeah(I resisted)...and slowly walked away.