Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Where can I purchase Borax

1. Back To Top    #1

Where can I purchase Borax

Hello, I have been using Walmart Barand Clorox in my In ground pool for 4 years now. I used to purchased boxes. And boxes of shocks, but now I learned to used the reg Clorox and It works really good. But let me ask you this where can I purchase Borax?? Thanks.. Love this site by the way..

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Where can I purchase Borax

Welcome to TFP!

Most larger grocery stores, as well as places like Target and WalMart, have Borax in the laundry isle.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

+1 to what Jason stated.

FYI, Borax recently changed the look of their packaging. So, if you haven't purchased or looked for it recently, be aware of that.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Lakeland, FL

If you use boric acid, you don't need to use acid. It cost a little more but is easier. boric-acid-the-easy-way-t38793.html
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida