Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pennsylvania proud

1. Back To Top    #1

Pennsylvania proud

Water is perfect, after Pennsylvania weather decided to cooperate for a while...
    [attachment=0:11hj79mp]2012-06-10_17-02-11_936.jpg[/attachment:11hj79mp]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20x44x8 Cardinal vinyl IGP, 33000 gal, 2 hp Mustang, 60 SF CrystalWater DE, Zodiac LM3 SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pennsylvania proud

kkpjm:

Nice looking pool and yard!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

NW PA, halfway between Pittsburgh and Erie in the PA snowbelt

Yup, for a while anyways. Back into the 70's for a bit again now though.

I've gotten in the pool once thus far since putting it up right before Memorial Day. 3 days of 90° or near 90° with no water, then 2 weeks of 60's and 70's with full water. Water temp too cold this past Saturday but finally tolerable on Sunday. Back to 70's now.
    Mike

22' round Intex UltraFrame pool, Intex 633T 2500gph paper cartridge filter/pump
    with broken Intex SWG, using bleach this year
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

A ton of rain a couple weeks back had me pumping out a few times. Three inches in one afternoon downpour had the level above the top of the skimmer. The kids don't care what the temp of the water is, they would jump in if it was 70 degrees. SWMBO and I like it in the mid 80's.

Many thnaks to TFP...a godsend to pool owners!
    20x44x8 Cardinal vinyl IGP, 33000 gal, 2 hp Mustang, 60 SF CrystalWater DE, Zodiac LM3 SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Beautiful pool! I'm like you, I like my water warmer! We too had a warm Memorial day and then the water was too cold for us until this past weekend in Indiana.

I wish we could have had some of that rain. It's been unseasonably dry here ... we are watering our garden nightly and feel for the farmers around here. We could really use some rain.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Nice fence... Something a little different for a pool. I like it a lot.
    ............................................................ ........................
    Kayak Pool - 12 ft. x 24 ft. rectangular, 5˝ ft. deep end
    Frog System, Sta-Rite-Modular Media Cartridge Filter, Pentair 1 H.P. pump
    AquaPRO Pro500 heat pump & Automatic AutoGuard™ Pool safety cover
    ............................................................ ........................

7. Back To Top    #7

It's a simple vinyl post/rail with the safety mesh attached to the outside. I'd rather it looks good on the side that I see than the side everyone else sees. We love the farm fence look. I bought some cheap ($1 a piece!) solar walkway lights at Wallyworld, detached the lights from their little spikes, and attached them to the top of every other post...it looks great at night.