Ecomatic ESC-36 cell clean but getting red leds

Lido

Jun 13, 2012
I did the usual spring startup routine a few weeks ago: sprayed out the filter, de-scaled the salt cell, got the ph and alk right, added salt, scrubbed some algae. Now after a few weeks of getting readings on the ecomatic box around 33, I'm getting nothing on the display and two red lights. There's almost 4000 ppm salt and I cleaned all the scale off the cell twice. If there's nothing visibly wrong with the cell, can it still be bad? I see that CompuPool makes a cap kit as well as a replacement cell. Is the cap kit worth trying or should I just replace the cell? It's not that old (bought in 2008), and I didn't notice anything wrong with it visibly, but I didn't really examine it that closely and I wouldn't really know what to look for. Thanks.

The average cell life is from three to five years, so it is quite possible that your cell is worn out. Also, getting scaling in the cell indicates that your levels are out of balance and shortens the lifetime of the cell.

I am not familiar enough with the Ecomatic to be sure what the lights mean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.