Do you need the outflow float on the LQ????

keithw

Mar 30, 2007
Virginia Beach
I am one of the early converts to the LQ: I am on at least my 5th year with it. The only problem I have ever had with mine is the outflow float. The post has deteriorated and fallen off of two separate assemblies. Now I have just hooked a direct connection through the outflow port into the hose and into the regulation valve and it has me wondering....Do you really even need the outflow float?? What does it really do? Why should you care if the LQ drains down to the level of the outflow hole when the pump shuts off?

Yes I could see that possibly happening but unless you had it full open it would be unlikely. And even then perhaps not possible. I wonder if anyone else has has the out flow float fail? I suspect it is because the weight in the float on that side causes more stress on on base of the assembly. I attempted to reinforce mine with epoxy but the high chlorine concentration seem to break down epoxy. My only concern would be that the chlorine consumption would be greater without an out float but I would think the regulator valve is ultimately what controls that anyways. I am going to run mine in this new config for a few weeks to see if there is any difference in operation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.