Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replacing Jandy Salt Cell or convert?

1. Back To Top    #1

Replacing Jandy Salt Cell or convert?

First time posting - hope I'm in the right place! I have a 6 yr old in ground pool, 22k gal, Jandy APURE 1400 system. The cell has quit producing and its the older style, rectangular shape , sharp corners etc. Can I replace it with the newer PLC1400? I want to keep it simple, but the new one has 3 ports as opposed to my 2 port unit. As an option, what woud you think about converting to the Nature2 system with the mineral/salt combo? And would that system work with my existing Jandy RS system/panel? Thanks for any help you can offer!

2. Back To Top    #2

Amarillo, Texas

Re: Replacing Jandy Salt Cell or convert?

I don't think anyone here will recommend the Nature2 system. From my understanding it uses metals and that can cause green hair and staining of your pool.
    18'x48" AG
    Pentair 1 1/2 HP Dynamo Pump
    Sand Dollar Sand Filter w/ Zeobrite
    Lil Shark Vacuum System
    Hard Plumbed

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Replacing Jandy Salt Cell or convert?

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, the new PLC1400 cell is compatible with the older 1400 control unit. You do have to do some minor plumbing to install the new cell however. Skip the Nature2.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School