Yes pool fans, it's another build/install-Prince George VA

Electron Mover

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 21, 2012
Prince George, VA
Well, I've certainly learned a lot from this site and have enjoyed seeing other pool builds...so I thought I would post some pics of our fiberglass pool install as it progresses. This is day 1 before the dig.
[attachment=2:x2en3web]POOL 1.jpg[/attachment:x2en3web]
[attachment=1:x2en3web]POOL 2.jpg[/attachment:x2en3web]
[attachment=0:x2en3web]POOL3.jpg[/attachment:x2en3web]

Attachments

• POOL 1.jpg
    POOL 1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 505
  • POOL 2.jpg
    POOL 2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 505
  • POOL3.jpg
    POOL3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 505
Re: Yes pool fans, it's another build/install-Prince George

The end of Day 1.
[attachment=2:qqzvqcsp]POOL4.jpg[/attachment:qqzvqcsp]
[attachment=1:qqzvqcsp]POOL5.jpg[/attachment:qqzvqcsp]
[attachment=0:qqzvqcsp]POOL6.jpg[/attachment:qqzvqcsp]
If they can keep up this pace, we'll be swimming in no time!!
Tomorrow, they will have the bonding inspection, set the pool, fill the pool and back fill, start the pump, etc. I plan on using the TF100 and start getting the chemistry off to a good start. I did not think I would be this excited as the pool was my wife's idea (aided and abetted by the kids), but I am really looking forward to spending lots of time with family and friends around it and in it. Thanks again to all of you who have helped me by answering all my questions and just by posting and sharing such helpful information.
Bill :wave:

Attachments

• POOL4.jpg
    POOL4.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 493
  • POOL5.jpg
    POOL5.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 493
  • POOL6.jpg
    POOL6.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 493

Looking Like a nice install so far... They make those pools across town from me here in SC. Will be watching this install for sure.. They have a factory store that does installs locally here--been looking around and they have some of the best deals.

Awesome looking home, Awesome looking view, Awesome looking pool.

I think that is going to end up looking just wonderful, looking forward to progress pics and most important, pics of it finished and full of water.

Did you buy any bikini clad pool babes to go in it?

DAY2
Thanks for all the kind comments. To answer the ?'s...no pool babes-happily married for almost 29 years (wife may feel differently) and hope to be married (and alive) for another 29 years!! Yes, RPS is the installer. I thought the yard was cramped also and suggested a smaller pool, was over ruled by wife and kids!! Now for the pics:
[attachment=2:1cqdygjd]POOLD2-1.jpg[/attachment:1cqdygjd][attachment=1:1cqdygjd]POOL D2-2.jpg[/attachment:1cqdygjd][attachment=0:1cqdygjd]POOL D2-3.jpg[/attachment:1cqdygjd]

Today, Day 3 is grading, pool school and then wait for concrete and fencing. :wave:

Attachments

• POOLD2-1.jpg
    POOLD2-1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 304
  • POOL D2-2.jpg
    POOL D2-2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 304
  • POOL D2-3.jpg
    POOL D2-3.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 304

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

LOL. looks good. Was kidding about the cramped back yard. Wish mine was as cramped. My pool is going to take out over half my mowing area. :) Why do they put in all that gravel around the pipes? I am hard plumbing mine myself and will go under ground too. Should I do gravel too?

Glock said:
LOL. looks good. Was kidding about the cramped back yard. Wish mine was as cramped. My pool is going to take out over half my mowing area. :) Why do they put in all that gravel around the pipes? I am hard plumbing mine myself and will go under ground too. Should I do gravel too?

I suspect the gravel is used to buffer the pipes against any larger rocks breaking them during backfill

DAY#3
The installers said they used the gravel to decrease settling as dirt will settle and gravel won't.
Passed bonding inspection, etc. Pump running and rough grading done....Now we wait for the concrete....then we wait for the fence...I don't think my daughter will wait past the chlorine level being OK!!
Pics:
[attachment=2:co4lj5fo]PD31.jpg[/attachment:co4lj5fo][attachment=1:co4lj5fo]PD32.jpg[/attachment:co4lj5fo][attachment=0:co4lj5fo]PD33.jpg[/attachment:co4lj5fo]

Thanks again for looking and posting!! Will update the thread when concrete gets done!!
Bill

Attachments

• PD31.jpg
    PD31.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 220
  • PD32.jpg
    PD32.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 220
  • PD33.jpg
    PD33.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 220
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.