Pebbletec pool is always green please help

smpete

Jun 12, 2012
My pool is constantly green. I took a sample to the pool store and they said my water was "fine." They said that what i have is dead algae. I've read about using household bleach to clear it up. However, I have a pebble tec pool. Is it safe to use household bleach? And how much do I need to use for a 20,000 gallon pool?

Hi, welcome to TFP! If your pool is green you have live algae and need to complete the shock process. Please post the results of the pool store test, then we can help you get started clearing the pool. Our advice relies on current test results from the pool, so we can't say how much bleach your pool would need unless we know the CYA level and other chemical levels as well.

:wave: Welcome :wave:

There are 100s of people here with Pebble pools that use bleach ... the chlorine is the same no matter where it comes from. While the solid forms of chlorine add either Stabilizer (CYA) or Calcium (CH) ... both of which are bad in high quantities ... the liquid bleach only adds chlorine and some salt.

There is a ton of info in Pool School (button at upper right) which may seem a little overwhelming, but after reading it a few times you will start to get it. Ask about anything you do not get.

Also, it is VERY important to have accurate test results and the pool store is not accurate. Please invest in one of the kits we recommend (see link in my signature) and it will certainly save you money in the long run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.