Water spray kit for slide

Spiccolli

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2012
Gold Canyon, AZ
I got an older slide from the craiglist, it looks very much like the one in this thread:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/post-pics-of-your-repo-rehab-t11800.html

Its in pretty good shape except that the water delivery system fittings are cracked.
I need to replace them and possibly the copper tubing used to direct water to each of them if new fittings do not work with it. Plastic tubing would be fine i guess.

I found a kit on Amazon, but someone that bought it says it leaks terribly. It is a poolmaster 36631 kit. There are also SR Smith kits out there, but cost alot more. Both kits look about the same.

Anybody have experience with either of these kits?

Is there a way to make my own from like HD or Lowes?

Thanks!

I have a similar slide and don't even have the plastic fitting on the top jet ... I have been wanting to replace them as well, but had not found them.

I thought someone had written one time about finding the nozzles at Leslie's

You do not need the kit and can get the copper tube and fittings at any hardware store. I had to replace some of the pipe that must have frozen and split ... which actually makes me think I should have added a way to drain it :hammer:

Here is just the fittings:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Slide-Nozz ... _625wt_905

Here is just the nozzles (I may have to get this even though I only want the 2 end pieces):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pool-Slide-part ... 0572525963

Thanks for the great links jb!

I actually wound up going to HD and picking up 1/4" poly tubing and some fittings. the sprayers fit on there perfectly and I found a hose adapter too. The whole thing cost me like $18. I may still buy the fittings only from the ebay link, but only because my top sprayer is missing part of the front, so it doesn't really spray, it just kind of flows out. But for now it all works!! :party:

I have to admit though, the effect is rather underwhelming. Only about 50% of the slide gets wet across it, the rest goes to the side and flows down. I guess the rule will be butts only for the first few slides so we get no chest/cheek burn :goodjob:

I have a question about installation if anyone can help. I'm ready to pour a few footings and bolt the legs down.

Three of the legs are on the kooldeck and I got some 3/8 X 3" red head cement anchors (2 for each foot should be fine). This part is easy.

What I was wondering is for the final leg and the 2 mounting spots for the ladder, I am going to pour some 8" tubes for concrete footings. How deep do you think I have to dig them? Keep in mind this is Phoenix, AZ and there is no need for getting below the frost line, but once you get below the surface you can run into that caliche that is harder than cement.

Thanks for any advice !!!

to answer my own questions:

I didn't use tubes, i dug holes about 8-10" deep - stopped when I hit caliche
I pounded a bunch of 3' X 3/8" rebar one to two feet into the ground inside the hoes randomly

:idea: then i bent them so that they will be solidified inside the block of concrete I will pour tomorrow :idea:

...I think it will be VERY steady

Just an update for anyone that cares - everything came out fine - slide is solid install now.

I ordered just the fittings that jblizzle pointed out. Turns out the one I REALLY needed (the top sprayer) was just a bit too large for the threads and the washers were too thick. So i wrapped the threads about 15 times with teflon tape and now it attaches, stays on, and doesn't leak out the back. teflon tape is to plumbing like duct tape is to just about anything else.

How does that top sprayer work? That is the one I am missing.

I actually asked the Ebay seller if they just had the nozzles, but was told after looking through the parts, they did not have any loose ones. May just have to get the cheapest kit if the nozzles help direct the flow better than just the tube I currently have.

jblizzle said:
I thought someone had written one time about finding the nozzles at Leslie's
I did. Maybe others, too.

The kit at Leslie's was cheap enough for me to buy it at Leslie's without shopping around on line for a cheaper one. The kit came with nozzles, washers, & cheap, brittle plastic hose. Hose lasted 1 season - the next, it cracked and fell apart. Replaced it with better hose from HD that may last forever.

Never had copper pipe and flexible hose seems like it would be more appropriate anyway. Certainly works fine.

Cheers!

How does that top sprayer work? That is the one I am missing.

Pretty good actually - better than the broken one and better than just hose.
It's not so much the sprayer, but the effect that restricting flow on the top one has on the lower one.

When you increase water pressure, they both increase at the same rate. Before, the top one would spray over the slide onto the ground while the bottom one was mostly unaffected (path of least resistance i believe). So i had to keep the pressure very low to keep water on the top of the slide, reducing further the water on the lower sprayer - catch22

I said before that the whole effect was rather underwhelming, but I was hoping for a log flume effect before I got everything finished :whoot: . Turns out, it is enough water to keep from sticking to the slide and that is all it was designed for I'm sure.

All in all, i am glad i got fresh nozzles, it was the best solution for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just a follow up for anyone that searches on the subject. I waxed up the slide with NuFinish car wax. It has taken off alot of the oxidation. It is definitely more slippery! Should get me through the season until I can put a new gel coat on it in the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.