Purchased New Intelleflow after super II failed

dcuff

Feb 25, 2012
Hello,
I purchased a new variable speed intelleflow pump after my hayward bit the dust (seized and blew a circuit breaker). I have 1 1/2" plumbing to the de filter and pool and my new pump has 2". I have a barracuda G3 cleaner, Hayward Vari flow valve and Hayward DE (don't know what model/size) and here are some pics of my system before the new intelleflow filter was installed ( https://picasaweb.google.com/1172771461 ... 1731221426 ).
The installer said I should replace my DE filter because at 3200 RPM it leaks. I have gotten the baracuda to work at 2400 RPM but it will not start unless it is at 2700 RPM then I slow it down to 2400 RPM.

Question 1: Do you think I need a new DE Filter and Valve

Question 2: What model DE Filter would you recommend and where would be the best place to purchase it (cheapest).

Thanks in advance for your time.

The installer said I should replace my DE filter because at 3200 RPM it leaks.
Where is it leaking? It may just need a new o-ring or gasket or maybe just a little pool lube.

But you shouldn't ever need to run the pump at 3200 RPM. Even 2700 RPM seems high for the cleaner. If you can isolate the cleaner, you may be able to run at lower RPM.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.