Currently clearing up green algae problem in 25k gallon pool with TF-100 kit for testing.
Those were my numbers. Drained over half of the water over the weekend and got the CYA down to 40 and just started shocking the pool. Poured 4 gallons of 10% chlorine in and scrubbed it for a couple of hours then when i tested the FC was just 2.
Is it normal for the FC level to be so low after starting to shock? I know the chlorine is killing the algae but it seems a long way from the target of 16 FC.
So i poured another 3+ gallons of chlorine in and will test again in a few hours.
One other question about the chlorine test. I have the TF-100 kit and on the chlorine test it says something like 'heaped spoon of powder and mix then drop the R00XX fluid in until the solution turns from pink to clear'. Now, does 'clear' mean transparent or does it mean 'white' - because mine turns from pink to milky white.
Draining the swamp!
Hazy color 1hr into shocking