Re-Re-modeled, so far so good!

uwimage

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2007
Richardson, TX
Well, I'm sure some of you have read about our plaster job gone bad, after hiring a lawyer the pool company was really nice to us, we upgraded to pebble sheen for materials cost only (made us happy!), they did everythign else at no cost. They paid for start up & are paying for a month of pool service. It's sad we had to resort to the lawyer thing, I really wish they would have done it without us having to go that far.

We also broke down and got some new patio furniture at Costco :D

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Our polaris fountain, works pretty good we love it. Got it on ebay.

IMG_0046.jpg

The outdoor speakers we use:

IMG_0057.jpg

As the water gets balanaced I'll take some better water pictures if anyone is interested in the Pebble Sheen Ocean Blue:

IMG_0049.jpg

The pool is looking good! I like the pebble sheen. It really adds something to the look.

Is that an Oak tree in the background? If so, you'll soon dislike it. The previous owners of our place left a huge oak 5 or 6 feet from the pool when they built it. The tree was always dropping something into the pool; leaves, pollen, bugs, bark, acorns, etc. We would also get long, brown stains on the bottom of the pool from something that dropped into the water and settled on the bottom, then slowly moved towards the drain.

In early spring I would sometimes have to empty the Polaris bag 4 or 5 times per day, as it would be packed so full that the Polaris couldn't pick up anything else.

Then the roots started lifting the concrete around the pool and have distorted one of the skimmer boxes to the point that the weir door no longer fits. The tree is now firewood. :( We really didn't want to take it down, but we were very concerned that it was going to push through the side of the pool. We have other trees around the pool area, but none of the others are close enough to create a problem with the pool itself.

I used to hate our pool, as I was constantly cleaning tree stuff out of it. Now that the tree is gone, I realize that the pool is fairly easy to maintain if it isn't constantly being filled with things that don't belong in it! :)

yeah, live oak, we're in our third year with the pool and I'm kind of use to it...our polaris does a good job and that's the reason I have 5 bags for it :D I hated changing it when it was all wet and dirty, so I have 4 fine bags and 1 leaf bag, expensive at first but well worth it!

We've had the pool looked at, and a arborist look at the tree, both figured that it wouldn't do any damage to the pool, if it would have it would have done it by now.

+ that tree is directly in the way of the afternoon sun and our patio, it's in the perfect location to shade the patio and take a nap on the couch!

Our has been in about 7 years. We first noticed that the concrete seemed to be lifting ever so slightly at about the 5.5 year mark. We have something like 26 other oaks on the property, so we still have plenty of shade, just not in the pool. :-D

And yeah, you must have dropped a bundle on all those Polaris bags! :shock: I just had to replace our fine bag and couldn't believe how much they cost. :evil:

HarryH3 said:
Our has been in about 7 years. We first noticed that the concrete seemed to be lifting ever so slightly at about the 5.5 year mark. We have something like 26 other oaks on the property, so we still have plenty of shade, just not in the pool. :-D

And yeah, you must have dropped a bundle on all those Polaris bags! :shock: I just had to replace our fine bag and couldn't believe how much they cost. :evil:

Nah, 20% off, not a bad deal, and I've aquired them over the last two years, I have the mucky ones for bad days and a nice clean one for when we have company and I don't want the fountain in :D

Just don't buy a zipper one without asking how much it is first! (got 30% off on that one though..."polaris days" at our p$$l store :D

I've found an eBay store that sells thebags MUCH cheaper than the pool stores around here. Check out perryspoolpump from some good prices and reasonable shipping. He's somewhere in Arizona. I've bought a few things from them and have always been quite pleased with the quick service.

I think I paid around $27 for a zipper fine mesh bag for my 280, including shipping. The local stores quoted me $40 plus tax and I would have used $5-6 worth of gas to go get it.

I love my Polaris, when it's working right. But the cost of parts is criminal. :( Luckily, I noticed that one of my neighbors was throwing out a complete 280 last week because the bracket for the idler wheel had broken. It's my spare parts cache now! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.