Ok so yesterday I added bleach cause my Chlorine levels dropped down to .5 again (no signs of algee that I can see) and I should have added enough to get it up to 15. This morning it is back down to 0 again. it was moderate sun yesterday
Yesterday I also added Borax and muratic acid to add borates about a hour afterwards. I am not sure I added enough acid becuase I ran out of bleach and acid and had to run to the store and when I went to put more acid in...the numbers didn"t seam right so I added in the borax as it called for, but held off on adding more acid until i can test it because I didn"t want to put in more than needed but didn"t trust my numbers from earlier.
So here is where I sit, I tested everything however per the document on adding borates I should hold off on testing after adding the borates stuff until 48 hours it has only been 24 hours...so maybe that is why?
I was just going to check Chlorine today, but when that was zero I checked everything
TC 0 oto came back .5
I get a slight pink tinge when I added the FC drops into the chlorine test (hope that makes sense)
so my chorline is being knocked down significantly, assuming the test is accurate but oto was close So I can assume that all is good. Where do I go next PH I am guessing can wait until I retest tomarrow which would be 48 hours after adding borates.
Today I am guess getting the chlorine back up.. should I take it up to shock level. it was below 1 for less than 24 hours and it did rain two inches on sunday. Which is why i wanted to bring it up to 15 yesterday but it burned through that.