Pentair Intelliflo 011018 pump interchange question

Jun 12, 2012
Just purchased a Pentair Variable Speed Pump(011018) to replace my Purex Triton Whisper Flo WFE-6 230 volt pool pump.

Called a pool guy and he wanted to charge me $350 plus parts to switch them out and program the pump. I know this is a pretty advanced pump and I do not want to mess up the install. But $350 seems a little high to me so I wanted to ask around as well as inquire about just doing it myself vs hiring someone to do it for me.

I purchased the CPVC Unions and feel pretty good about plumbing it in save the old pump seemed to connect directly to the Jandy Valve with very little pvc between--maybe a hacksaw blade worth. The valve appears to be pretty old. Is it best to try and somehow salvage it or purchase a new one?

My main question is in the electrical wiring. The pump appears to be wired for the higher power as it has two breakers in the panel. It is also hooked up to an intermatic timer. While I will eventually upgrade to an Easy-Touch w/ salt cell soon but it may not be for a few months.
Is the electrical wiring pretty straight forward from the old pump to the new? Do I just leave the intermatic timer on and let it run from the Intelliflo timer?

Thanks in advance!!

Pool--30,000 gallon pool/spa. Separate pumps for pool and attached spa. Spa=Purex Triton WFE-8, Pool=Purex Triton WFE-6, Sand Filter, Chlorine.

Welcome to TFP.

I'd just get a new valve if it's so close to the pump as to create a problem getting it out.

The existing pump is 230 volt and the new pump will be also. You can hook it up either through the timer or directly. It's up to you. Since the WFE-6 isn't a 2-speed pump, the Intelliflo will hook up to the same wires.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.