Help!!! New to forum first time fill

Bowron

May 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a 24ft round abg. Installed the liner and started filling yesterday afternoon, had shop vac running all night to suck the air out. Went out this morning had about a foot of water in the pool. Shut the vac off and the walls on the skimmer side pulled in 3 inches. I immediatly started the vac again and got in the pool and tried to push the walls out but they spring back in. Should I drain the water and start over or as the water continues to rise will it push the walls out?

I was thinking the same thing, but having done the install myself and never owning a pool before it has me pretty stressed out. Should I continue to let the shop vac run or shut it off and remove the hose? The flat is flat and sucked up around the hose.

I ended up paying someone to do the rest of my install after I worked on it for a few days. He said, and this goes against what a lot of people had said, he stopped using the vaccuum because it seemed like it sucked the walls in every time. Then he would have to get in the pool and push the walls back out. However, he did end up using it on mine, but that is because (I think), there was so much air getting behind the liner. So take it for what it is worth, but maybe let the vaccuum off if you already have a foot in of water in the pool.

Bowron said:
I was thinking the same thing, but having done the install myself and never owning a pool before it has me pretty stressed out. Should I continue to let the shop vac run or shut it off and remove the hose? The flat is flat and sucked up around the hose.

What does this mean?

Bowron, I cant give you a definite, I have never done it, but I just wanted to relay what the guy that installed my pool told me. Here are the two things that stuck out:

1) He said he quit using a vaccuum when installing his liners because it kept sucking in on the walls and he would have to go back in the pool and push the walls back out where they had buckled from the suction.

2) He also said to make sure I remove the vaccuum when there was about a foot of water in the pool. I cant remember why, something about either the liner sucking into the vaccuum or the vaccuum being real hard to get off.

If it were mine, I would remove the vaccuum, get in the pool, and push the walls back out. But I am by no means a professional and dont want you to take this as gospel. Maybe some moderators will chime in with a little more experience. I just wanted to pass along what I was told.

I just installed my liner this weekend and doing my research before I started, it said to run vacuum until there is between 2 - 4" of water in pool. that is what I did and I had no problems. I was in the pool all the way until everything was finished except for waiting for pool to fill all the way. I have found NO wrinkles at all in my liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.