Is this really normal?

Since opening our pool a month ago with the BBB method, I add bleach, brush, vacuum and enjoy! :whoot: I wish I'd known about this method over the past 11 yrs of owning a pool. I test chlorine and ph levels daily...the rest, I test weekly (and adjust as needed), the most I've had to add/adjust is the chlorine and it varies from 3-4 cups every other day. I do, however, have a question...since I'm keeping my levels where they need to be, do I need (is it recommended) to add algaecide weekly?

Susan~

If you keep the FC in the recommended range all the time, algae will never show up. I've never had algae and have never shocked my pool or added algaecide for it. It's completely unneeded if you keep your FC where it needs to be.

I think we added algaecide when we closed our pool last fall. But, once I started using the BBB method, I did not add algaecide. We opened our pool to serious swamp conditions 2 1/2 weeks ago and I did not add any algaecide, just a whole lot of cal-hypo and bleach and some stabilizer, which was the bottleneck in my shocking process. It took about 2 weeks, but we finally we good to go over the weekend.

On an ongoing basis, all I add is bleach or cal-hypo if I need the CH, baking soda on occasion and tri-chlor on vacation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.