Install Thru Wall Skimmer

jnz

Jun 8, 2012
I have read through several thru wall skimmer posts and do not seem to have any crystal clear answers. What I would like to do is add a thru wall skimmer to my 16' ultra index and use standard pool hose to hook this to my intex swg w/ copper pump filter . Everything I have seen talks about hard pvc plumbing, how could I connect the standard hose to intex fittings both on the pool and pump. Also I have seen the skimmer mounted in the middle of the inlet and outlet, but have also heard of using one of the existing holes and making that hole larger for the skimmer, which way is the simplest most effective? If I weren't to use an existing hole what would be done with it ?

You can get an adapter to attach the hoses to the bottom port of the skimmer and run hoses if you want.

Adding a new hole or cutting out around an existing hole is the same amount of work. It depends on whether you want and extra hole or not.

Any advice on whether to cut into an existing or make a new in the center ? What would I do with the hole that is not being used and if I use an existing hole which side would I use the return on the right now is lower than the feed on the left , I would like to keep my water level as high as possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.