SWG and Hayward pump

I'm trying to help my mom with her pool she has a 16X48 Intex metal frame pool and has an over powered pump and filter its a hayward. This pump is moving very fast will squirt water half way across the pool. She also has an intex SWG is it possible for the water to be moving to fast for the SWG to work properly? Thanks

I checked it with my tf test kit and she had the following:
FC-12.5
ph-7.8 or higher
TA-280
CYA-30
Salt-3300
She added 2 gallons of chlorine 12.5% the day before but she said it hadn't been registering any chlorine. I added muriatic acid got the ph down to 7 and started ariating the pool to bring the ph back up so we can get the TA down. I also added more stabilizer to bring the CYA up to 80. The problem is I can only check it on the weekends for her. I told her not to add any more chlorine and run the pump atleast 4 hrs a day with swg running hopefully that will work fine. Is there a way to see if the SWG is working? Mine i can see but the pump isn't moving water as fast as hers.

I have a Hayward pump and DE filter going through an Intex SWG. I can see small bubbles from the water outlet when the SWG is running on mine. What kind of filter is it? What type/size inlet does the water come out of? I wonder if the high pressure is from either not enough filter media (low DE or not enough sand) or a small sized outlet that makes for a strong stream of water.

Its the intex standard outlet and inlet for the ultra frame pools i think 1.5" and its a cartridge filter. i will get more info on it from my MOM tomorrow She said she tested the FC and its down to 5 or so today? SO we shall see.She is using a cheap drop test kit from meijer my results were from the TF kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.