Sports slope ? what is comfortable.

msera1

Jun 11, 2012
Re: 16 x 32 Big Enough?

I have the same dilema. Signed for a 17x33 Rectangle/Roman and for just 2k more I can go with the 18X36. I am getting 2k'd to death. Elactrical , tree removal , sprinkler repair, lawn repair.
I spray painted the 17X33 on the lawn and really cant decide. The pool will be divided up as such, 9ft shallow 3.5 deep , 20 feet sports slope to 6.5 deep end and then a 4 foot return to the end .
Anyone know if a 6.66:1 slope is comfortable to walk up/down or it too steep. Thanks from the newbie

Is a 6.66:1 slope comfortable to walk up/down or stand on. Probable 17x33 rectangle, one end roman other end.
Will be divided as such: 9 foot long 3'6" shallow , 20 feet sports slope to a 6.5 deep end ( no hopper ),then a 4foot transition upward to the Roman end .
I only have experience with the steep lope and I know i did not want that. I could get a 36 foot pool for 2K more if the slope is not as gradual as I like.
I would love the feedback. :)

Even though I called it a sports slope, i don't believe there will be alot of sports in the pool. I just wanted a more gradual slope and usable pool space over the steep slope.
i will not encourage kids to dive but still want it deep enough for jumping in. Thanks!

Re: 16 x 32 Big Enough?

msera1 said:
I have the same dilema. Signed for a 17x33 Rectangle/Roman and for just 2k more I can go with the 18X36. I am getting 2k'd to death. Elactrical , tree removal , sprinkler repair, lawn repair.
I spray painted the 17X33 on the lawn and really cant decide. The pool will be divided up as such, 9ft shallow 3.5 deep , 20 feet sports slope to 6.5 deep end and then a 4 foot return to the end .
Anyone know if a 6.66:1 slope is comfortable to walk up/down or it too steep. Thanks from the newbie

Our pool is 4 5 4 about 37 ft total, but the spa and beach take up 7 ft.

We did this so that when we play sports everyone can stand reasonably. What we noticed is that no one goes to the deep end of a pool. By keeping it shallow, people will spread out through the whole pool

We originally spec'd 3.5, but went with 4 based on recommendations in the forum. I believe this was a great decision. My only issue with 5 is that when you say five feet of depth, the water is 3-6 inches below the actual coping so it is really only 4.5 feet of water . For this reason I wish we had gone with 6 feet. With the deep end in the middle there is only a 1 foot wide area that is 5 feet. I think I would do 4.5 6 4.5 if I could do it again. When floating in this area, my feet touch the ground if Im hanging onto a noodle with my arms.

Your 3.5 feet area will really be 3 ft of water. Even if you have kids they will outgrow it very quickly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.