After firing my pool guy due to high CYA levels causing frequent algae outbreaks, I convinced my skeptical wife I could take care of it myself and save us money. I did a full drain and refill.
I found this site and got a TFTest kit. Today, my wife found three spots of fuzzy green algae right above the waterline on the pebble tech where the water wicks up the pebbles. I bought this was odd. Is it?
Truthfully, I probably haven't been as good about testing and adding chlorine as I should, about every other day. I already brushed the pool. I didn't test the chlorine before bringing up to shock level. I was never seeing any OCL drop.
Here are my current test results:
TA 100 (was 150)
I am using BBB method. The algae was about a total of 24 inches long along the waterline in those three spots combined. Thoughts? I will be doing the shock method in pool school. The water has always looked crystal clear, i have never shown more than 0.5 CC and have never seen any OCLT. I will post up results at dark and again in the morning.
We get a solid 12 hours of sunlight per day, 100+ air temps, water temps are 84-90 already, and it has been windy lately.